National Pool Lifeguard Qualification Jan 2023
Location: Shannon Swimming & Leisure Centre
Dates: 6th – 13th January 2023
- 6th & 13th January 17:00 – 22:00 Zoom
- 7th, 8th, 14th & 15th January 08:00 – 16:00 Face to Face in facility
Cost: €450 (booking deposit €112.50)
Tutor: Atlantic Coast Lifeguards
NPLQ Pre-requisites. Every candidate, prior to the commencement of training must:
- Be 16 years of age.
- Jump / dive into deep water.
- Swim 50 metres in less than 50 seconds.
- Swim 50 metres continuously side-stroke.
- Tread water for 30 seconds.
- Submerge to floor of the pool at the deepest part.
- Climb out unaided without ladder / steps and where the pool design permits.
The lifeguard qualification is delivered over five days and is independently assessed.
Candidates who are not successful have the option to retake any section which they fail within 28 days – inclusive within the initial certification is a retake section at no extra charge on the assessment form. Costs of the assessor and facility maybe incurred.
- The Lifeguard and the Law
- Swimming Pool, Hazards and Control Measures
- Swimming Pool Supervision
- Intervention and Rescue
- Rescue of a Casualty with a Suspected Spinal Injury
- Emergency Action Plan
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- First Aid
- Automated External Defibrillation (AED)
Please note the following
- We are currently exploring the possibility of funding being made available for this course which may reduce the costs to the student. Until we have this confirmed we are advising all candidates to only pay their booking deposit of €112.50 at this stage when prompted. If funding is not available the remaining balance can be paid at a later stage
- All candidates are required to fill out an enrolment form before the first day of the course. You can access this form here. NPLQ Enrolment Form
- NPLQ Sample Multiple Choice Questions Paper